* PLEASE NOTE:
In an effort to protect the safety of all clients, staff, and visitors, effective immediately ALL volunteer activities are suspended until further notice. Below opportunities will resume once we know it is safe to do so. Thank you for understanding!
Sharing your time and talents as a volunteer at YESS can make a huge impact in the lives of the children we serve. A variety of meaningful volunteer opportunities are available for individuals as well as groups and vary from one-time special events to serving on a regularly scheduled basis.
We are especially in need of volunteers who have experience and skills in the following areas:
- Fitness and athletics
- Dance, Zumba, or gymnastics
- LEGO Club
- Teaching life skills
Become a Volunteer
Interested in volunteering? Contact us or call Jana Daisy, Community Activities Manager, at 515-282-9377 for more information.
Individuals interested in ongoing volunteer service at YESS must be approved by the agency prior to participation. The application process to become an on-going volunteer may take several weeks and includes the following steps:
- Volunteer application (includes fingerprint background check & required TB test)
- Interview and reference checks
- Volunteer training/orientation
- Students wishing to volunteer for Service Learning credit through a college course for the spring semester must contact YESS and apply by February 21, 2020 in order to be considered.
* While YESS acknowledges the benefits of peer-to-peer mentorship, we cannot allow volunteers under age 18 into the shelter due to licensing and confidentiality standards. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
If you are interested in internship opportunities, please click here.